Take Back the City ran two all-women workshops this summer - one with young people from the Pembury Estate, and one with workers and users from Highbury Pool and Gym. We want women to be able to discuss their specific concerns freely, and make demands as women.
A group of young woman from the Pembury Estate in Hackney told us they wanted to increase taxes on the rich in London. Their demands were:
- Lower university fees.
- Transparency and accountability in the City of London.
- Higher taxes in the City of London and lower taxes for the working class.
A group of women workers and and users from Highbury Pool and Gym took part in a sunny workshop in Highbury Fields. They demanded:
- End child poverty.
- Better judicial and linguistic help for migrants arriving in the country.
- Scrap tuition fees.
- More and better council housing.
- Better control over buy to let landlords.
TBTC would love to organise more all-women workshops. Please get in touch if you are part of a group that would like to participate in one.